Halloween is over – but the residue lingers….all that candy ! The genius sugar spinners at Momofuku’s Milk Bar in NYC have just the thing. I tried it and OMG – what sweet simplicity! Go and get that leftover bag of diet doom and follow me to the kitchen,…we’re going to make an awesome party mix out of it. Oh yeah baby – puts ChexMix to shame!!!
Milk Bar Party Mix
2 Cups Pretzels, broken in pieces
1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
2 Tbl Sugar
1/3 Cup Powdered Milk (I like Nido, dry whole milk)
6 Tbl Butter, melted
12 oz. Candy Bars, chopped into 1/2″ pieces (about 2 Cups)
Preheat the oven to 275 deg.
In a bowl, mix the pretzels, sugars, and powdered milk. Then pour the butter over it and mix.
Get a cookie sheet and line it with parchment paper. Spread out the mixture and pop it in the oven for about 20 min.
While the pretzels are getting roasty toasty, chop those candy bits. Be sure to use chocolate varieties … there’s peanut’s in those Snickers,…it’s kinda healthy (NOT!).
Mmmmmm, can you smell that!? Now, let it cool…stop….don’t eat it all !
Now just mix the cool caramelized pretzels with that candy bits and stand back – let the stampede thru !
Now you’ve gotten rid of a whole pile of candy…now make some more to send to school with the kids, because I know our waistline don’t need it hanging around here !
- 2 Cups Pretzels, broken in pieces
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbl Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Powdered Milk (I like Nido, dry whole milk)
- 6 Tbl Butter, melted
- 12 oz. Candy Bars, chopped into 1/2" pieces (about 2 Cups)
- Preheat the oven to 275 deg.
- Mix together the pretzels, milk powder, sugars, and then the melted butter.
- Spread on a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast for about 20 min.
- Meanwhile, chop up about 2 cups worth of candies.
- Allow the pretzels to fully cool before adding the candy pieces.
- This is the best idea yet for ridding yourself of leftover Halloween treats.
- Feel free to add peanuts, or anything else you like ! Or eat just the caramelized pretzels alone.